Welcome to the Reach High Scholars website!
Starting to think about college is like being on the outside of a big confusing maze. You are aiming for an uncertain goal in the center but there is a sense of being in the dark without a flashlight.
Hopefully, this website will break the process into manageable chunks. It is doing the job well if it opens new ideas for you, puts questions in your mind as well as answers and leads you to reach higher in your educational pursuits than you would have previously imagined possible.
The experience can be fun, exhilarating and empowering. You will be playing out the motto of the Reach High Scholars Program: controlling your destiny.
• The Reach High Scholars Program (“RHSP”) is an independent NH Nonprofit Corporation and an exempt organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code
• 23 students to highly competitive colleges in past five years
• Most of them have financial aid with small amounts of debt and need-based grants of up to $52,000 per annum that, over four years, will have a total value of about $2.6 million
• Highest % of students going to top colleges of any high school in Southeastern NH in 2011-2014
• 61 Middle School and High School students in Summer Enrichment Programs in 2014 (compared to one seven years ago)
• $363,000 of financial aid from Summer Enrichment partners in past five years (about 38% of which was reimbursed by RHSP and supporters)
• Contributions to RHSP from charitable institutions and individuals totaling $154,000
Top Colleges That Enroll Rich, Middle Class and Poor
New York Times, September 8, 2014
Is College Worth It? Clearly, New Data Say
New York Times, May 27, 2014
Led by Stanford's 5%, Top Colleges' Acceptance Rates Hit New Low
New York Times, April 8, 2014
Rising Cost of Not Going to College
Pew Research, February 11, 2014
Wage Premium from College Is Said to Be Up
New York Times, February 11, 2014
Job Gap Between College, High School Widens
Wall Street Journal, December 6, 2013
Mark Your Calendar!
|Test Date||Register By|
|October 11, 2014||September 12, 2014|
|November 8, 2014||October 9, 2014|
|December 6, 2014||November 6, 2014|
|January 24, 2015||December 29, 2014|
|March 14, 2015||February 13, 2015|
|May 2, 2015||April 6, 2015|
|June 6, 2015||May 8, 2015|
|Test Date||Register By|
|September 13, 2014||August 8, 2014|
|October 25, 2014||September 19, 2014|
|December 13, 2014||November 7, 2014|
|February 7, 2015||January 9, 2014|
|April 18, 2015||March 13, 2015|
|June 13, 2015||May 8, 2015|