Welcome to the Reach High Scholars website!
Starting to think about college can feel like entering a big, confusing maze: you’re aiming for an uncertain goal in the center, and you’re not sure which way to turn to get there.
The aim of this website is to break the process into manageable chunks and to empower you to reach higher in your educational pursuits than you would have previously imagined possible.
The experience can be fun and exhilarating. You will be playing out the motto of the Reach High Scholars Program to control your destiny.
Fast Facts about the Reach High Scholars Program
- In past nine years, 42 students have gone to highly-competitive (top 3%) colleges
- Most of them have financial aid with small amounts of debt and need-based grants of up to $62,000 per year that, over four years, will have a total value of over $5.1 million
- From 2011 to 2016, 6% of RHS graduates went to highly competitive colleges; based on available information, only two NH high schools have done better
- RHSP students have received financial aid from Summer Enrichment partners (Brown, Dartmouth, Phillips Exeter and St. Paul’s) totaling over $700,000 (29% of which was reimbursed by RHSP and supporters)
- Contributions from charitable institutions and individuals to RHSP and its summer partners total $283,000
- Of the 73 active participants in RHSP now attending or graduated from college, nearly all are:
- on track to complete in four years;
- excelling academically, and many have better grades than they did at RHS;
- graduating with debt of not more than $20-30,000; and
- going on to excellent graduate programs and jobs.
Charlie DeBenedetto (RHS 12, Hobart & William Smith ’16)
Abbey Schlangen (RHS ’12, Trinity ’16)
Jonathan Lemay (RHS ’11, Skidmore '15)