Welcome to the Reach High Scholars website!
Starting to think about college is like being on the outside of a big confusing maze. You are aiming for an uncertain goal in the center but there is a sense of being in the dark without a flashlight.
Hopefully, this website will break the process into manageable chunks. It is doing the job well if it opens new ideas for you, puts questions in your mind as well as answers and leads you to reach higher in your educational pursuits than you would have previously imagined possible.
The experience can be fun, exhilarating and empowering. You will be playing out the motto of the Reach High Scholars Program: controlling your destiny.
• The Reach High Scholars Program (“RHSP”) is an independent NH Nonprofit Corporation and an exempt organization under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code
• 19 students to highly competitive colleges in past four years
• Most of them have financial aid with small amounts of debt and need-based grants of up to $50,000 per annum that, over four years, will have a total value of over $2 million
• Highest % of students going to top colleges of any high school in Southeastern NH in 2011-2013
• 62 Middle School and High School students in Summer Enrichment Programs in 2013 (compared to one six years ago)
• $327,000 of financial aid from Summer Enrichment partners in past five years (38% of which was reimbursed by RHSP and supporters)
• Contributions to RHSP from charitable institutions and individuals totaling $148,000
RHSP wishes to have the services of a part-time Program Facilitator to handle follow-up details in RHSP’s various Initiatives described on its website. For a description of the most important responsibilities click here.
Compensation will be at a rate of about $15 – $20 per hour, depending on experience, and is expected to total about $7,500 per annum.
What You Don't Know About Financial Aid (but Should)
New York Times, April 9, 2014
Led by Stanford's 5%, Top Colleges' Acceptance Rates Hit New Low
New York Times, April 8, 2014
Appealing to a College for More Financial Aid
New York Times, April 4, 2014
Brown Admits Record Low 8.6%
Brown Daily Herald, March 31, 2014
Wage Premium from College Is Said to Be Up
New York Times, February 11, 2014
New York Times, February 7, 2014
Job Gap Between College, High School Widens
Wall Street Journal, December 6, 2013
They Loved Your G.P.A. Then They Saw Your Tweets.
New York Times, November 9, 2013
Nudge to Poorer Students to Aim High on Colleges
New York Times, September 25, 2013
Reach High Scholars Newsletter
June 29, 2013
New College Prep Venture for Raymond High School
This Week in Raymond, NH, June 4, 2013
Mark Your Calendar!
|Test Date||Register By|
|May 3, 2014||April 4, 2014|
|June 7, 2014||May 9, 2014|
|Test Date||Register By|
|April 12, 2014||March 7, 2014|
|June 14, 2014||May 9, 2014|